Welcome to the VanWinkle Inn
The Inn is located in the center of the charming hamlet of South Westerlo. If you need special accommodations we ask that you call ahead of time so we can do our best to help in any way we can.
While we are at the Inn most hours of the day we expect some guests will arrive during late evening hours. In such case we will leave a personalized envelope for you in our late arrival box at the front door. We also send you your room check in information directly to your email address so you will have it on your cell phone!! It contains information for accessing your room and the Inn as well as most other issues we think you may want to know about. We have a full time groundskeeper who lives on the premises. His phone number and ours (both cell and phone) are also located at the door. If you need us, please feel free to call. We are always at your service. There information in the dining room on the area and the names and numbers of many of the fine local retaurants.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT EFFECTIVE FALL OF 2019 THE INN WILL NOW OPERATE EXCLUSIVELY AS A LODGING CENTER AND NO LONGER BE SERVING BREAKFAST.
Pets may be allowed if you call ahead.
Please Review our Policy
At VanWinkle Inn, we welcome your dog for an extra fee of $20.00/night! When making a reservation, indicate you wish to bring your furry friend! You must call us at least 48 hours prior to your arrival to discuss accommodations for your pet. We don’t want to turn anyone away for a failure to communicate!!!!!!!!!! Under no circumstances arrive with a pet that we are unaware of coming to the Inn or you will be turned away!!!!!!!!
A dog liability release form must be completed. You may complete this form in advance by downloading it here:
Please become familiar with our Pet Etiquette policy prior to your arrival:
• Pet owners agree to keep their pet on a leash while the pet is in any public or common place within the Inn or on the property
• Pet owners agree to not leave their pet unattended at any time while the pet is on the property of the Inn
• During the housekeeping activities, pet owners agree to remove the pet from the room ~or~ you may opt out of housekeeping services while the pet is in the room (We are flexible! If you have a desired time you wish to have housekeeping come in to care for your room, just let us know upon check-in!)
• Pets that become aggressive or disruptive to any other guests or staff must be removed immediately upon request
• Pets are not allowed in the dining area
• Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dog on the grounds - We provide Biodegradable Pet Waste Bags!
If you have any questions, feel free to give the Innkeepers a call! (518) 966-4100
Find us on the Map!
The VanWinkle Inn
274 County Route 405
South Westerlo, New York